Multimodal meaning-making: a critical engagement with the use of LAMS for teaching
Chopra, Priti (2010) Multimodal meaning-making: a critical engagement with the use of LAMS for teaching. In: RaPAL Conference 2010, 15-17 Jul 2010, Greenwich University, London, UK. (Unpublished)
PDF (RAPAL proposal)
Learning Activity Management System (LAMS) is a free web based learning design resource for managing and delivering online collaborative learning activities. LAMS is currently being used to teach in 80 countries and has been translated into 28 languages. This workshop will aim to introduce, discuss and evaluate whether the learning design system LAMS can:
1) Support the contextualised development and integration of ILT
2) Support active and reflective online learning practice
3) Encourage reflective thinking and support differentiated, self paced and collaborative online teaching/ learning practice.
This workshop will consist of the following stages:
1) Elicit from workshop participants their perspectives and experience of applying a contextualised approach to developing ILT in their teaching/learning practice.
2) A brief presentation to introduce LAMS and the trial of this learning design resource on an Additional Diploma (ESOL) course.
3) Through an interactive activity workshop participants will be asked to reflect critically on LAMS as a learning design resource for their respective subject areas.
4) Group discussion and feedback will be facilitated in order to consider possibilities, opportunities and constraints in the use of LAMS for developing learner-centred online collaborative learning.
5) The session will end with sharing resources for further independent exploration about LAMS.
|Item Type:||Conference or Conference Paper (Other)|
|Additional Information:||Item formed one of RaPAL 2010 Conference Workshops, which were part of the RaPAL Conference 2010 (with the theme 'Multiliteracies: changing literacies, changing worlds'), held 15-17 July 2010, University of Greenwich, UK.|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||technology enhanced learning, teacher education, Learning Activity Management Systems (LAMS),|
|Subjects:||L Education > LB Theory and practice of education
L Education > LC Special aspects of education
|Pre-2014 Departments:||School of Education
School of Education > Department of Professional Learning & Development
|Last Modified:||14 Oct 2016 09:10|
Actions (login required)
Downloads per month over past year