for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis.
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Science General
- Arts and Humanities General
- Agriculture, Food and Veterinary
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Geography and Regional Studies
- Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- History and Archaeology
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Language and Literature
- Ecology and Environment
- Philosophy and Religion
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Social Sciences General
- Business and Economics
- Health and Medicine
- Technology General
- Law and Politics
- Civil Engineering
- Management and Planning
- Computers and IT
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Materials
- Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA) holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA), valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA) receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA) will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- It may not be possible to guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA) regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may not normally be removed from Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA).
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- In the event of Greenwich Academic Literature Archive (GALA) being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.